G #2 Week 4 – Oyster Mushroom Burgers

This week I made oyster mushroom burgers. Honestly this recipe is so good, it tastes like real fried chicken and I absolutely loved it. I followed the recipe of this guy on YouTube who makes really good vegan food called eat more plants. I was really skeptical of making this because I hate mushrooms but this was honestly so good I think I am reconsidering if I ever actually disliked mushrooms. The oyster mushroom chicken has such a crunchy crispy light batter, that makes it taste exquisite.The process in which this made consisted of these steps. First I dipped the oyster in the seasoned flour and then dipped it into the soya milk and repeated the process 2 more times. I then added it into the pan with oil at medium heat ( careful not to burn it). I waited until they turned a nice gold brown to take them out and assembled the sandwich part. I made the sauce/ spread this consists of mayonnaise (vegan), ketchup, sliced onions and pickles. I mixed it together keeping the mixture still thick because I like it that way. Once completed I spread it on the bread, I added lots since this is what partially makes the taste of this burger so good. Then I placed the fried oyster mushroom and topped it with more pickles. It was so simple yet so good(but very time consuming), I think this has to be the best recipe so far I have done.

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16DEXPy9V01aNJEUjBIKWKcec9IaRDfa5/view?usp=sharing

Photos:

Published by

rubyott22

Genius Hour with Ruby.