G#2 Week 3 – Vegetable Rolls

This week I made vegetable rolls, they are not entirely my favorite food but I think they turned out all right. I made something similar like this in Foods (option class) at school and I really liked them so I wanted to try and remake them. This is a familiar food that my mom made a lot when I was younger and I didn’t quite like it because of its peanut butter sauce. It didn’t make sense to me how something like vegetables can be eaten with something sweet like peanut butter. I always liked the roll though because of the yummy soft texture of the rice paper. I decided to not include the peanut butter sauce this time but I added vegetable fish sauce because it seemed appropriate and obviously tasted better to me. This recipe is fairly simple to make and I feel like has been the easiest so far, but I am working in baby steps getting confidence to make harder and time consuming recipes like the tamales I plan to do in the future (April 27). I was going through my plan and I think there will be a week that I will have to cook 2 times to complete all that I have planned to make in time and still give me time to prepare for my final presentation in June. I have started to look for a couple of experts and so far I have come up with an Edmontonian vegan chef named Nick and this wonderful pet shop called Mandy’s Little Bark Shop for tips on making dog treats. I will contact my experts as I go and hope to improve on there tips. Last week I discovered this really good app to edit my videos and it has been most helpful. My videos now look very neat, organized and creative. I hope to cut down my time making my video as it is time consuming to edit them and the videos are to long so I want to shorten them and highlight the peak moments in my cooking. So far this has been such a good couple of weeks and I hope that you enjoy watching my video and seeing my content as much as I like making it.

– Ruby

Video: my video didnt save and got deleted 🙁

Published by

rubyott22

Genius Hour with Ruby.